March 1- 14, 2022

I hit the road again on March 3rd after a wonderful visit with friends in 
Las Vegas.  I made the traditional stop at the Lake Mead viewing area.



I stopped at a Harvest Hosts in Congress, AZ.  The Depot was a great stop.  
They have a restaurant with good food and great staff.




My next stop was Apache Junction, AZ.  This was my first view of Superstition Mountain and the local vegetation.  
I stayed at the KOA and took a side trip to Tortilla Flats.  
I passed through one lane bridges and stopped by Canyon Lake.


This is Weavers Needle


Pictures from Tortilla Flats




The Renaissance Festival was in town.  
This one is HUGE compared to the one in Michigan


I had dinner that night a Black Angus.  
The steak was cooked perfect and the staff was great.




I left Apache Junction for the night because there was no sights available.
I was able to spend the night at another Harvest Hosts destination in 
Superior, AZ.  I ate dinner at their restaurant Porters Saloon and Grill.  I just had a BLT but it was really good and the staff was amazing.





On the way in I passes Boyce Thompson Arboretum.  This place was amazing.
They had so many different landscapes and gardens.  I was worth the stop.








So I wanted a smaller rig to make it easier to get into state parks.  The Lost Dutchman State park in Apache Junction was my first.  I also dry camped and backed in.  The solar power is working great and I only turned on the generator to use the microwave.  
I hiked up to the base of Superstition Mountain and there was a lot of UP.  I got up to where the tail of the Y is.  It was beautiful up there.






If you are not on Facebook you have not seen my night photos with my phone.
I was pretty impressed.



I was board after my hike and headed over to Goldfield Ghost Town.
It is a cute tourist attraction with a few shops and a restaurant.


Bill passes on March 10 and I knew I would be driving that day.  I celebrated him
on the 9th with things he would have loved.  I had a great hike, wine with a view and a salmon dinner.  I chose salmon because one time at the Presidents House he told me that if I ate his salmon I would want to marry him.
Love ya more babe.



Today was Rodeo Sunday.  
The Central Arizona College Vaqueros competed today along with 
other college teams. Thanks Zan and Barb for letting me tag along.








The weather is warming up and I am in casa grande till the 20th.  My next stop is the FMCA Rally in Tuscon.  I know there will be a lot of pictures from that stop!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 2023 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

August 2024 - Ballons, Bike & the Great Outdoors