June & July 2021

 This summer has been crazy, 
June was one huge roller-coaster ride between looking at a new RV 
and helping the kids get moved back to Georgetown.  

Here is the short story!

This is the new toy I bought for the smaller RV.  It is a Campmaid charcoal grill.
It came with a 12 qt cast-iron dutch oven (it's heavy) that I will never use.  For some reason I thought it was going to be an 8 qt.   

 

With June comes high school graduations.  I had the honor of spending graduation day with this lovely young lady and her family.  Thank you for the invite Cooper family.


I made it to Texas and had time to eat breakfast before the kids 
arrived at the new house.
Then the movers showed up and it was game on.  
It was fun spending time with Ember at the playground.  
The days were HOT but it cooled down after dinner.  
See you guys in December!!!


I got an invite to the June ACF meeting.  
Pulled pork fresh off the grill with all the sides.
It was an amazing meal and nice to see everyone.



July started with spending time with family on the lake for a 
beautiful sun set and fireworks.
It was a perfect evening.



The fireworks show was amazing.






Thanks Shannon & Mike for hosting a beautiful show
I took a short trip to silver lake sand dunes to visit with the
Blue Water RVers.  Since I don't want to move the rig, I opted for a B&B.
Hart House was amazing package of great hosts, hot tub, great food and puppies!









The morning consists of a three course breakfast that was amazing.

Chocolate banana muffin and ginger poached pear.
The entrée was green chili strata, polenta fries and local bacon.



Morning #2 was Chris's grandma's poppy seed lemon bunt cake, breakfast banana split and I don't remember what the entrée was but it was amazing.



When I got back to the house that night there were the best warm chocolate chip cookies waiting to be eaten.  I ate two and didn't sleep at all the first night.


I know these wings look good but they were even better in person



I didn't go for the dune ride but we did drive over to check out the view


And I bought another toy at the Hart art fair.  
I have successfully got it broke in.


And this happened in July!

I bought a 2021 Equinox.  I needed a lighter car to tow
behind the new rig.  I love this car!! 


I hope you all are enjoying the summer!!

Comments

  1. Enjoyed the pictures and love your new car. We miss RV'ing but realize we are getting too old for it. Please share pictures of your new RV. Love, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Connie! You know.... Gladwin is a great place to visit, sit on the deck and watch the golfers....just saying! Hugs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy your travel stories. The food is amazing. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like you are traveling also. I love seeing your pictures of Facebook. Thanks for checking in.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October 2023 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

August 2024 - Ballons, Bike & the Great Outdoors