September 2021 Mackinaw, MI

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." 
- Robert Louis Stevenson

This trip touched my soul and taught me a few things.
It was amazing!

Crossing the Mighty Mac


View from my hotel.
I stayed at the Quality Inn in Saint Ignace.  The room was amazing
and the staff were very friendly. 


I went to Hessel to check out Les Cheneaux Culinary School but 
they were not open.


This house was on an island across from the dock.


My first dinner was fish tacos at Joe's Cantina.
These were my first fish tacos and the flavor was 
great but the breading was mushy.  The margarita was amazing.


My first morning was a little foggy but it made for some great photos.

I found Straits State Park.  I loved everything about
this park.  They have a bridge overlook, campground
and a beautiful beach.




I would love to see The Tunnel of Trees with more fall color.
There could be another road trip before I leave.



While on The Tunnel of Trees I found the Sally Stebbins Nature Preserve
It was nice to get out and stretch my legs.




I wanted some white fish dip and it looked like Johnnie's on 2 could fix me up.
It hit the spot and the burger was good also.


While waiting for the sun to set I took a short trip
down on US 2.  


Getting ready for a beautiful show






The sunrise was not wonderful but it was the start to a great day.


I decided to be a tourist and take the Shepler's Ferry to the island.
I got lucky and this ride took us under the bridge.


A memory from Somewhere in Time.



There is nothing like a seven mile walk by the water.
Little did I know, but it is 8.2 miles around the island.
I did 3.5 and turned around.



A boat filled with rocks?           


I have never eaten at the Pink Pony.
I was starving and it was very good!


Time for sunset.






Up early one more time.



Before I left I stopped by Colonial Michilimackinac Visitors Center to check out the view of the bridge.



I drove I-75 home and seen a little color.



I hope you all enjoyed my little staycation.
I will post my September pictures on a separate post.









Comments

  1. Thank you for the great pictures. I am happy that you seem to enjoy life and continue to RV. Love, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October 2023 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

August 2024 - Ballons, Bike & the Great Outdoors