October 2021

This month was filled with friends and food.

The color started to peek in the park


Getting dad filled up before he heads south



Enjoying the nice nights


Got a chance to show off the Mott Culinary Institute to
Diane Giles.  Tom made out good with leftover sweets.


Food, laughter, great company and a new store, could the day get any better?
Thank you Rich for a wonderful day.

We started with lunch at Mott/Applewood at Second & Saginaw
We had steak and the Woolworths apple dumpling.
It was a great meal.


The new to me store is Horrocks in Lansing.
This place was amazing.  You can shop while
drinking wine, beer or hard cider. The layout was 
really nice.  I think we walked around it twice.




We ended the night at new restaurant in Flint called 
The Tangy Crab.  They do a crab boil in a bag.  You choose
the flavors.  We were stuffed.


I spent a fun couple of hours taking homecoming pictures with Ella, my beautiful oldest granddaughter, and her friends.




Just one last trip to M-119 The Tunnel of Trees and
say good bye to the Mighty Mac.
See you in April 2022




This was after the tunnel.  I was lost on M-119.
It was beautiful!!



I wanted to go out to the Headlands International Dark Sky Park
on my last trip but it was cloudy every night.  This time there
was a very bright full moon.  I will be back next year.
The best part of the night was Santa Mark and Santa Stan and their wives.
It doesn't get any better than getting a lesson on stars from Santa himself.


One last good bye.


On the way home I stopped in Indian River and ate at Wilson's Rivers Edge.  
It was the best breakfast.  I also drove down to The Cross in the Woods.  It was
a beautiful day to walk the grounds.


Leaving Michigan was hard this year. 

 

My first night on the road was gray, wet and dreary.
I spent the night at a #HarvestHosts,  Westwind Farm and Fiber.
It was raining so hard that I didn't get any pictures.

My second night was spent in a rest stop on 71 south about four miles north of 75.  The car battery died and it took forever to get the car jumped so I decided to stay put for the night.  It would have been a two hour drive in the rain.



My next stop was a KOA in Corbin, KY.  It was tight but ok for one night.
I got in early and took a side trip to Frankfort, KY to visit Buffalo Trace Distillery.  I have never walked the gardens and they didn't disappoint.











This was a must stop when Bill and I went to Buffalo Trace.
The food is still good!

It was a little foggy the next morning.


Dad and I stopped here on out trip north.
They call ya Darlin and make you feel like you are home.
Sam's Burger and Deli is another #HarvestHosts member.



My last stop before my final six hour drive was Lanes Peach and Pecan Farm.
They are another #HarvestHosts member.  I loved walking around their property and the other campers are always friendly and usually have dogs.



It rained most of the way to home #2 and the sun came out as I was getting the rig set up.
I will be at Oak Harbor till February.


 On my way to November!!





Comments

  1. Super pictures . You are the greatest. Jim and I are on our way to Texas for the winter. Going to send your blog to our friends who are thinking of coming to Michigan. Take care and be well. Carol Ralston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in. Safe travels and stay warm. I hope the blog can help your friends see the best of Michigan

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your pics and memories. Always interesting. Safe travels when you are on the road again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July 2023

August 2023

June 2023