February 1-15, 2022

February is turning into a very busy month, so I am breaking it up into two, maybe three posts.  So here goes.

I started February down on the farm at a Harvest Hosts called Moonpie Farm and Creamery.  The animals were so friendly and Elizabeth, the host was so welcoming.  




My next stop was Blue Angel Navel Rec Area, a FAMCAMP in Pensacola, FL.  I stayed for a couple extra days due to bad weather between me and Texas.  I took the time to do some sight seeing.  









This is Bamahenge in Elberta, AL along with Dinosaurs in the Woods and other sculptures at the Barber Marina











I had never eaten at Lambert's Cafe.  The fried chicken was amazing!


Somewhere in route I lost a hub cap.

After leaving Pensacola I stayed in a KOA in Baton Rouge then off to a KOA in Conroe, TX.

And the first major break for the new rig.  You know it's going to happen.
The motor that cranks the slide in and out got twisted and jumped out of position.
Dewey from Open Road near Conroe, TX did amazing work.


A couple of days late, but I made it to Georgetown for a quick stop.
Ember has claimed her space in the bunk.


After a short stay I was back on the road again and off to Fort Stockton RV Park.  I think every RVer has stopped here.  They have a small restaurant with good food.


This is a nice winery call Lescombes Winery and Bistro in Deming, NM.  It was a Harvest Hosts stay.  They had good food, wine and customer service.



Made it to Casa Grande where I stayed one night at Rovers Roost with Carmen and Damingo.  They took me out to dinner the first night and then Mexican breakfast before I left. I was so glad I got to see them.


My last stop was in Quartside, AZ at Holiday Palms before I arrive in 
Lake Havasu City, AZ


What an adventure this has been.  I love the new rig!  It drives great!  Because I am towing the gas mileage is not wonderful, but I expected that.
The weather has been a mix of windy and beautiful and the internet is iffy.
Keep your eyes peeled for the next update after my Escapees HOP!





Comments

  1. Great to see your up and around yet. Am surprised that you didn’t get a dog yet for a buddy as much as you love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, Connie! Where are you heading to next?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October 2023 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

August 2024 - Ballons, Bike & the Great Outdoors