January 2022

Started 2022 in Texas with the family.

Athena had to work, so Nate, Ember and I went to the Lego convention.
It was small but Ember had fun building stuff.




Andrea took the gang to the local zoo.  
I thought it was going to be small but there was a lot to see and do.








I love this picture of Ember and Ian


The famous diaper shot 


She is not ready to drive fast, yet!


I was homesick for family and friends in Michigan.
I left Texas and headed north for a 
quick trip and found snow.


My first stop was Pestos for some amazing
food and company.  This piece of cake lasted two nights.


I got to visit with the sister-in-laws.
This was the view out Linda's back door.


I got lucky to find Kim and Duane available
for dinner one night.


This was the odometer reading after
I returned to Florida.


I also got in another trip to Epcot


I finally got a reservation at Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot
I had the lobster bisque and seared mahi mahi a paloma to drink


Great view for dinner



I can't go to Disney and not stop 
at Amorette's Patisserie.


Dad and I tried a place that I had never been,
Harry's Old Place.  Dad had fish and chips and I had seafood imperial. 
It is a casserole with crab, scallops, and shrimp with minced veggies.


The full moon over lake lowrey at Holiday Shores


Finally the big day is so close.
On January 19th I went to General to start packing stuff in the 
Discovery to get it moved to the Quantum only to find the Discovery
had been unplugged and the batteries were dead. The team got it revived and 
all was good.



There were a lot of emotions during this move.
We made so many great memories in this rig.  I am one
lucky lady to have been loved so well.


What the heck is this frozen stuff on my car?


Pelicans are my favorite bird and this guy came to
visit before I left.



Time to write the next chapter in my book.
I left haines city and headed for camp blanding in starke, fl 
to visit my nephew Donny and his family. 


Yes it was as good as it looks.
Jill added some wonderful sides and
her mom brought the perfect lemon cake.
Look forward to seeing these guys on my
way back south.


So that was my January.  There was not much time to set.  I am currently heading west and watching the weather.  
The rig is doing great and so far so good with pulling the equinox.  I need to take some pictures of the inside of the coach as soon as I get it a little more organized.
I was so glad I pared things down in Michigan.  I was able to get everything in the smaller rig.  Now if I could just find it.

As exciting as January was it was also very heartbreaking.  My world lost two amazing friends.

Wally and Jan are part of the group I camp with.  Wally passed while in Arizona. He had such a quick wit that this world will miss.

Flo was the sweetest person with the most caring heart.  We met her and Bob on our Alaska trip and remained family after that.  When Bill was diagnosed she and Bob got right out to Texas to visit with us.  We were making plans to meet up after I got the new rig and visit a few harvest hosts.  We were going to drink wine and eat good food.  That was the hardest phone call I have ever gotten.  I miss you my friend.


Comments

  1. Hi Commie
    Sorry to about Wally. We liked both of them. Please tell
    Jan were both sorry for her lose. Looks like your having
    a good time. We're glad for you, keep it up. We're getting dumped on today and tomorrow 10 to 14 inches. Don't use the lakeland email.
    Keep in touch
    Dick and Marion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October 2023 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

August 2024 - Ballons, Bike & the Great Outdoors