May 2022

I am back home in Michigan!!

I arrived at Holiday Shores in Durand on April 29th.  It feels good to have a home base but don't think for a second that I am setting here all summer.

The sight looks huge with a 25ft RV parked here instead of a 40ft RV.

I have been cooking on the fire more.  I love my cast iron pan. 



I have lived in Michigan all my life and this was my first 
trip to Holland and the tulip festival.
What a great town to get lost in.




My camping group, The Blue Water RVers, had their first camp out.
We spent time at the Clear Water Campground in Ortonville.  This 
park is a group favorite.

                                        

These are some of the puppies who attended.



The group headed to 15th Street Tavern for Friday dinner.
The food and service were wonderful.


You never know what you will find on a walk around the lake.



Another new event for me was the Balloons over Bavarian Inn.
This is a repeat event for next year.  I also have a hot air balloon ride 
in my future.  Not sure where or when but I really want to do this.






I was up early and in Frankenmuth by 6:30 am to watch the balloon pilots drop  ribbon closest to the target. 
I awarded myself with breakfast at Honey B's Eatery where I enjoyed 
Billie's Breakfast Bowl


Then it was back to Mackinaw.  This place always helps me
clear my head.


My home for two days was the Colonial House Inn.  
The owner, Chris and Mike were so much fun to talk to.
It was fun to learn how each of them came to St. Ignace.





These area random pictures I took while driving the UP








Of course there area more food photos!!
The Gangplank was so good.  I had the TBR pita.  It had pastrami, turkey, bacon and cheese.  The view was as good as the pita!!

The Inn served a good breakfast both days.



I had dinner the second day at The Galley where I started with a 
Grapefruit Crush.  It was cold, tart and not too sweet.  For dinner I chose the 
White Fish Sampler.  There was white fish, walleye and perch.  
It was a great meal!


So now I am back in Durand for a week or so then I am off on
more adventures!!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 2023

August 2023

June 2023