October 2022



I think food was my send off theme this year.  I met Kaye and Chuck at the Wrought Iron Grill for great food, drink and laughs.




I finished with three trips to Pesto's and dinner with friends at Zehnders.
On Thursday my allergies hit hard and I couldn't make the last 
dinner with my sister-in-laws.





I left Michigan October 10th and headed to Sauder Village in Ohio for the last Blue Water RVers camp out for 2022.  The weather in Ohio was windy and cold.  We had fun with indoor games and birthday celebrations.  The sun came out and the wind died down on Sunday as we all left.





I stayed at a few Harvest Hosts on my journey to Florida.
My first was in Miamisburg, OH at Star Brewing Company.  Peach hard cider and shrimp tacos were the choice for dinner.


I can't miss a chance to stop by my favorite town.
Bardstown, KY.  Near Bardstown is Sheperdsville where I found my next Harvest Hosts stop, The Forest Edge Winery.  The winery is across from the Bernheim Forest and the forest giants.  I skipped the distillery tours and none of my favorite restaurants were open so I opted for a Bardstown Burger and it was one of the best burgers I have eaten.


The DelMonaco Winery in Baxter, TN was a gem find.
I got to taste Merlot grapes with my wine.  The steak dish I had  
was good but in my opinion, they ruined the crab dip.  Crab is $$ and you could not even taste it.  They could have used shredded chicken 
and got the same effect.




I arrived in Haines City, FL on October 21st.  The next day I was at Epcot at a Ray Parker Jr. concert and I was back on the 24th for a Billy Ocean concert. Both concerts were amazing.  These guys still got it!!




The Coral Reef Restaurant is one of my favorites.
Shrimp Cocktail, Mahi Mahi and a very light bourbon and almond mouse.



I also got to see some characters who were doing meet and greets.



Time to head to Texas.  It was a busy trip.  I got in some family time as well as friend time.  Ember and I went to the Fort Worth Zoo to meet up with friends that I knew from workamping in AZ.  We all had grand kids in tow.  It was a great day.



Time to head back to the sunshine state.
I made a pit stop at the new SHED BBQ


October was a great month filled with friends, family, food and travel.






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 2023 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

August 2024 - Ballons, Bike & the Great Outdoors