December 2022


Dad and I enjoying the Florida sunshine along with a little friend.



Dad took me out to dinner and he
got me a cake for my 59th


I stopped by The Shed on my way to Texas.
They were closed for their Christmas Party.


Landed in Texas and Athena and I went for sushi at a "new to me" food court.
I got creative and made cookies for Embers class party and then took her to 
get a new hair cut.
We picked up her buddy and went for a couple hours of fun and then food.
Yes they are the same age.
  

Ember and I headed to Round Rock to walk around the towns light display.
We found a great parking place and had fun looking 
at the lights and listening to the band


We stopped by Wonderspaces Austin to walk through an installation. 
There was so much variety.
A meditation lung made from recycled tea bags and plastic bags
The sewing machine orchestra
An auto visual installation with light and sound 
Killing time, this piece started moving when you walked up on it.
Check out the web site to see more pieces and get the details of each.








Ember and I took a road trip back to the Fort Worth Zoo, the Stockyards and seen a new version of The Christmas Carol.  We had a great time, did a lot of walking and got in some pool time.







It is always fun watching the kids open their gifts.  
I must have been wiped out because I didn't get any pictures at Andrea's.
Needless to say Andrea and her mom hosted a wonderful brunch.


This year the 26th was even more special.  This would have been our 25th wedding anniversary.
Bill would have loved the restaurant I chose.  Wildfire has an amazing menu and the staff were so friendly.  This place is busy and I am glad I made a reservation.
I had oak fired elk tenderloin and a really good old fashioned.
 After dinner I took a walk around downtown Georgetown.  This place is really busy at night with outdoor music and a ton of restaurants.


The kids house is coming together.  It has been a journey.  What started out as a blank piece of land now has outer walls and a roof. Windows and the garage door have been added.


Embers Room

Kitchen with Island

Living Room

Georgetown is so beautiful.  
They have a huge park with a lot of playgrounds and walking trails.



And with that a New Year begins and although it's early, 
2023 has been pretty wonderful.  



 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 2023 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

August 2024 - Ballons, Bike & the Great Outdoors