March 2023

 


I love volunteering at the rally because you get to park early,

before the hordes of people arrive. 

This is our 13th year at the Georgia National Fairgrounds.




Driving around Perry I found this beautiful old cemetery.


This was a new restaurant.  Great find in a small town.


Crab Cakes

Etouffee


Found this on a corner in in front of the cemetery 

The entertainment was GREAT this year.
These are three of the four groups we had.
I was freezing and did not get photos of the first group.


I had a couple of cold rainy nights driving the golf cart.

My winnings at the silent auction

My first stop after the rally was in Montgomery, AL.
I stayed at Montgomery KOA. They are working at upgrading an existing camp ground.  I will be coming back to this place. 
I had an extra day and took in the sights.








My first Harvest Hosts stop was The Simmons-Wright Company Store 
in Toomsuba, MS.  This store and the grounds were a trip back in time.  
I actually got out the new Canon 90D to shoot the outdoor photos. 





Harvest Hosts stop #3 was Britt's Wine & Dine in Kilgore, TX.  It is amazing to visit with owners who have visions for what their company will become.
Britt was an amazing tour guide.  His building has so much history.  It has been a segregated school and a school for "troubled kids".  Now it is a winery and event center.  The future includes a bed and breakfast, pool hall and a larger tasting room.  It will be amazing to revisit this place.
One of the campers told me about Gladewater, TX.  It is known as the antique capital of East Texas.  I unhooked the car and took a drive. 


Ken was the hit because he won 500 tickets for the girls to spend.  Then we went across the street to check out the Budweiser Horses.  The girls loved it.  Ember also had a concert. I don't know how the music teacher got all those 3rd and 4th graders to sound so good.  











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 2023 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

August 2024 - Ballons, Bike & the Great Outdoors