September 2023

"The car will still run if you let the engine cool down"

That quote is from my dad.  Maybe someday I will let the engine cool down, but for now, I'll keep rolling.

September is Ken's birthday month and we celebrated all month!!

We took a HOT ride to Medicine Park, OK. The plan was to drive to the top of Mt. Scott to see the sunset but it was so hot even the animals were hiding out of sight.  We tried on Sunday but they closed the park due to heat.  We did get to see some beautiful places and eat some great food and hope to go back when the weather is cooler.


We got back from Medicine Park and I hit the road for Texas.  I promised Ember I would do something with her for her birthday (her birthday was in August).  She was fine with a late trip to Great Wolf Lodge.  Hard to believe this girl is 9.

Back to OKC to help Ken clean up the property where he hunts.  It is so beautiful out there.  I mowed lots of weeds while he cut branches off the deer paths.  We also did a little four wheeler riding.  I look forward to being out there when the deer come around.  I wont hunt but I will take my camera.





I had to go back and edit!
I forgot to add Bikes, Blues & BBQ!
We road to Rogers, AR and enjoyed the hospitality of Teresa & Kevin Close.
The weather was perfect, the sights were beautiful, the ride was twisty and hilly and amazing!!  








We took a side trip to Eureka Springs.  
I really would love to see this place in the fall.

One last celebration at a new to us restaurant in downtown OKC.
We headed to Bourbon Street Cafe.  Ken had the Louisiana Gumbo and I had Salmon & Crab.  The food was amazing.  I think once a month we will check out a new restaurant downtown.






So that is September.  
We had so much fun and we can't find a reason to stop so get ready for our October adventures!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July 2023

August 2023

June 2023