November & December 2023

I have totally dropped the ball where the blog is concerned.  
So this will be a two month download.

There is nothing better than setting with your man in a hunting blind.
The wild life put on a great show but there were no deer to be found.


I have learned one thing, I can't cook and take pictures at the same event.
We had some new additions at this years family event.  


I had some down time and walked around half of the OKC zoo.  It was a beautiful day and all the animals were out.  The doe was very friendly because she had been raised by a farmer and I think people were giving her treats at the fence.
 I will be getting a membership for the zoo.  There is so much to see.


In December we found our way out to the hunting camp a couple times.
It is a beautiful place no matter how cold it is.


Ken asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  I told him I wanted to see Christmas lights.  So we met up with John and Tammy for a Christmas party at the Indian Bike Shop in OKC.  They had a turkey & ham dinner with all the trimmings.  I was really good.  Then we all came back to the house for a few games of pool, then off to the lights.  The line to get into the park was so long but it was worth it.


Again, not many family pictures.  I was busy cooking the prime rib.  Actually it was a pretty easy meal.  Ember, Ken and I drove to Round Rock to see the city lights but they didn't have much of a show.  We decided to stop by downtown Georgetown.  It was worth the stop.
The deviled eggs are now Embers specialty dish.


Ken had never been to a food and beverage pairing.  So for my birthday we decided to try one.  BJ's did a really good job with the food and Ken made out because I am not a beer drinker.  In my defense I did try them all. 
I also won the wood Christmas tree.  I substituted on of the bulbs for one that Dad & Alice sent us.
 

The cardinal decided to fly into the wood shop while I was helping Ken.  


I am so glad I kept the tree decorations.
Our first Christmas tree and the first tree in the house.


That I my two month update.
So far January has been pretty slow but it's going to pick 
up at the end of the month.  

It finally got cold here in OKC but the sun has been out almost every day.
Hopefully it will be a short winter like last year.

Stay warm!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 2023

August 2023

June 2023